Porto, Portugal – Liverpool thrashed FC Porto to reach the semifinals with the win in the second leg quarterfinals game of the Champions League played at Estadio do Dragao.
FC Porto 1-4 Liverpool
Liverpool defeated FC Porto on aggregate 6-1 to reach the semifinals of the UEFA Champions League 2018-19. Liverpool defeated FC Porto in the 1st leg game 2-0 at Anfield. Liverpool will face FC Barcelona in the semifinals.
FC Barcelona defeated Manchester United by aggregate 4-0 to reach the semis of the Champions League after four years.
- 26′ Sadio Mané (Liverpool) scored the opening goal with a right footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal assisted by Mohamed Salah.
- 32′ Sadio Mané (Liverpool) received the yellow card for a bad foul.
- 36′ Pepe (FC Porto) received the yellow card for a bad foul.
- 45’+3′ First Half Ends. FC Porto 0 Liverpool 1
- 65′ Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) doubled the lead with a left footed shot from the left side of the box to the centre of the goal assisted by Trent Alexander-Arnold with a through ball following a fast break.
- 68′ Eder Militão (FC Porto) cut down the deficit to 2-1 with a header from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal assisted by Alex Telles with a cross following a corner.
- 77′ Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) doubled the lead back to 3-1 with a header from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal assisted by Jordan Henderson with a cross.
- 84′ Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool) extended the lead to 4-1 with a header from very close range to the centre of the goal assisted by Sadio Mané with a headed pass following a corner.
- 90’+2′ Seconf Half Ends.
|19 (8)||Shots (on target)||13 (5)|
FC Porto XI: Iker Casillas (GK), Pepe, Felipe, Alex Telles, Éder Militão, Danilo Pereira, Héctor Herrera, Otávio, Moussa Marega, Yacine Brahimi, Jesús Corona
Liverpool XI: Alisson (GK), Virgil van Dijk, Joël Matip, Andrew Robertson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, James Milner, Georginio Wijnaldum, Sadio Mané, Divock Origi, Mohamed Salah
Liverpool was drawn against FC Porto in the Champions League QF and SF draw held at Nyon, Switzerland.
Liverpool defeated Bayern Munich in the round of 16 with aggregate (3-1).
FC Porto defeated AS Roma in the round of 16 with aggregate (4-3).