Cairo, Egypt – Baghdad Bounedjah scored as Algeria defeated Senegal in the final of the Africa Cup of Nations game played at the Cairo International Stadium.
Senegal 0-1 Algeria
Algeria won the AFCON for the second time who committed 32 fouls in the game as per the officials.
Senegal reached the final of the tournament since 2002 where they were beaten by Cameroon in the penalties.
Nigeria’s Odion Jude Ighalo won the Golden Boot scoring five goals in six matches.
- 2′ Baghdad Bounedjah (Algeria) scored the opening goal with a right footed shot from outside the box to the top right corner assisted by Ismael Bennacer.
- 33′ Ramy Bensebaini (Algeria) received the yellow card.
- 45’+3′ First Half Ends. Senegal 0 Algeria 1
- 54′ Youcef Belaïli (Algeria) received the yellow card for a bad foul.
- 79′ Idrissa Gueye (Senegal) received the yellow card for a bad foul.
- 80′ Lamine Gassama (Senegal) received the yellow card.
- 90’+2′ Aïssa Mandi (Algeria) received the yellow card.
- 90’+4′ Adlène Guédioura (Algeria) received the yellow card.
- 90’+5′ Second Half Ends.
|12 (3)||Shots (on target)||1 (1)|
Senegal XI: Alfred Gomis (GK), Salif Sané, Cheikhou Kouyaté, Youssouf Sabaly, Lamine Gassama, Idrissa Gueye, Badou N’Diaye, M’Baye Niang, Henri Saivet, Ismaïla Sarr
Algeria XI: Rais M’Bolhi (GK), Djamel Benlamri, Aïssa Mandi, Adlène Guédioura, Ramy Bensebaini, Mehdi Zeffane, Ismael Bennacer, Sofiane Feghouli, Youcef Belaïli, Riyad Mahrez, Baghdad Bounedjah